Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Detox Days 1-4


Welp it's the end of Day 4. I am really proud of myself for not giving in to Ily's Halloween candy :) I did have to eat lunch at Applebees on Tuesday. I went with the crusted chicken pecan salad with the dressing on the side. I had that to two meals and made sure to drink lots of water. Other than that I have continued to make a conscious effort to drink water before and after I eat. I have been drinking my FAVORITE GT Kombucha Tea and my shipment of Yogi Detox tea just came today! 
I am really proud of myself for not eating out or eating the food at my work. My co-worker made snicker-doodles the other day and every time I walked by my mouth would water BUT no extra sugar. The only thing I am really struggling with is no alcohol. I miss coming home to a glass of wine but I am sure my body appreciates the break. 
I know many of you commented about the lack of coffee in this detox. I still have caffeine in my green tea but it isn't as much. I was drinking coffee all throughout the day and becoming dehydrated. On a side note, if you do drink tea it has more acidity than coffee so make sure you brush your teeth in the a.m. and p.m. 
Here is what I've been eating the past 4 days:
Breakfast:
Chobani Yogurt
Banana
100 calorie almonds
Lunch:
Applebees salad (boo)
Turkey and cheese sandwich on Arnolds Oat Nut  bread
Dinner:
Whole wheat pasta with home-made ground turkey sauce with steamed broccoli
Meatless Boca burger on an english muffin
*Some meals I ate as left overs 
In between I am drinking a ton of water and teas. I need to increase my raw fruits and vegetable intake, my friend recommended this during the detox. I actually have only done yoga once...which I am a little ashamed of BUT I will make up for it this weekend. I have some great meals planned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment