Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

So long Kinect- Hello LeapPad

I had my mind set that I was going to get the Xbox Kinect bundle for Ily. I really wanted to swash buckle Captain Hook like in the commercial. Walmart had been running an add for the bundle to be $199 with a $50 gift card. I ended up cominig across a LeapPad on sale for $99. To be honest I didn't know what it was until I did some research and found it to be a hot item. I scored mine from Amazon. Walmart has it listed for $120 but it was sold out and Toys R Us was sold out as well. 
I like to think that with 2 kids I'll just double dip the useage. I buy a lot of things in gender neutral colors :) Although the $99 is still pricey, and the LeapFrog Explorer was on sale for about half that price, I like the LeapPad's built in camera and my little Ilyana the artist will appreciate the paint-like app. Also, the newer the technology is now the less old it will be by the time Danny uses it. The age range is 4-9 so I hope to get good use out of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment