I love to grocery shop! This is probably because I love to shop and if I am buying groceries I justify it as spending out of necessity. I didn't really have a list but I knew what foods I wanted and I needed to see what was on sale. I used to be into couponing but after going back to work and moving I sort of got off-track, but that will be a whole new segment.
So after an hour and a half at the grocery store with Ily I got about 3-4 weeks worth of groceries. Keep in mind there is only 1 adult in my house (me) and Ily who doesn't really eat that much, and Danny who eats like an adult. So my grocery bill typically isn't too high.
Here is what I came home with:
2 lbs ground turkey
2 packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
Sunflower seeds
3 acorn squash
2 bags of salad
A bunch of fresh broccoli
5 bottles of GT Kombucha tea
10 Chobani yogurts
1 box of 6 100 calorie almonds
2 packs of Apple & Eve fruitables juice boxes (I had 2 $.35 off coupons)
2 jugs of Apple & Eve fruitable juice (I had 2 $.35 off coupons)
A half gallon of skim milk
A half gallon of whole milk
Fresh garlic
Onion
4 cans of chick peas
4 cans of black beans
4 cans of kidney beans
2 cans of crushed tomatoes
4 apples
1/2 lb of turkey, ham, and cheese
2 blocks of cheese
2 loafs of Arnolds Oatnut bread
2 packs of english muffins
1 jar roasted red peppers
Bananas
1 dozen eggs
Bag of potatoes
That is about it...my primary goal is to stop ordering out and snack on healthy things. Sometimes at work I am there for lunch and dinner so I find myself spending a lot of extra money on take-out or snacking on unhealthy food.
Note: This is the largest shopping trip I have made in probably 5 months...I used to always buy groceries like this but lately found myself throwing in those frozen chicken nuggets or going out to eat all the time. Positive step forward :)
No comments:
Post a Comment